Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 15:52:16 -0400

> Does anyone have a problem with an optional package which, when
> loaded, binds some keys to its commands?

I do: merely loading a file shouldn't make such changes.

I assumed the idea is rather to add keybindings maybe in `bindings.el` of
the form `[mumble] [ModifierMumble]-<left/right/up/down>` to autoloaded
commands.  So `windmove` would still not be preloaded and there'd be no
interaction with `windmove-default-keybindings`.

One proposal was to use `C-x 4` for `[mumble]`.  Not sure what should
happen with the modifiers (to choose between the various options of
selecting another window, moving the current buffer to that other
window, ...).

        Stefan