Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 23:07:05 +0300

On 23/06/2024 22:26, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Why not just set up the keybindings by default and autoload the package when
the bindings are invoked? That's the friction minimizing option. We don't have
to change any bindings installed by the current windmove code.
I think this is too drastic, that's why.  The package is not loaded by
default now.  Let's first change the key bindings that become in
effect when the package is loaded, and consider doing that by default
only if the package becomes popular enough.

The whole concept of autoloads is deferring the loading of packages until they are used. And it's a good one, saving on loading time and used memory.

We can just add bindings for those commands (which are autoloaded), no further changes necessary.