Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 13:41:33 +0300

From: Stefan Monnier<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
Cc:dancol@dancol.org,  Alan Mackenzie<acm@muc.de>,
   stefankangas@gmail.com,emacs-devel@gnu.org
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 15:52:16 -0400

Does anyone have a problem with an optional package which, when
loaded, binds some keys to its commands?
I do: merely loading a file shouldn't make such changes.
I didn't say "merely loading".  There's windmove-mode, for example.

FWIW, windmove-mode is on by default (and autoloaded). Just without any key bindings set up.