Re: [fluid-dev] OSC support

From: Peter Eastman
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] OSC support
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 17:26:04 -0700

> You guys are wasting your time.  Fluidsynth is a library, load it into
> Python via ctypes, and roll your own OSC interface on top.

Does it actually support all the features needed to do that?  I
haven't studied the code in detail, but what I've seen from looking at
the API doesn't appear to.  For example, fluid_event_noteon() only
lets you specify a note number.  There's no option to specify a
precise frequency.  fluid_event_volume() lets you set the volume of a
channel, but not an individual note.  And so on.

Peter