Re: [fluid-dev] OSC support

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] OSC support
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 05:16:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Jul 09, 2012, at 12:34 AM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <address@hidden> wrote:

> Once again, do you know of any sequencer applications that use "qmidinet"
> ?

Qmidinet is a gateway between the network and native MIDI applications for
Linux (ALSA and Jack). Any Linux sequencer using ALSA sequencer or Jack can
be used. Qtractor, for instance.

Off the top of my head, I can tell you: Reaper, Renoise, Ardour use OSC in addition to MIDI. Even a language like Pure Date has OSC and MIDI objects. (I am not even mentioning the commercial OS X and Windows applications that do the same.) In other words, OSC has been broadly adopted. With all due respect to Rui, the "midinet "gateway" is still in its early stages and not adopted and implemented by other third parties.

Do not rush waiting for answers in mailing lists. And please, use the right
mailing list for each question. This question is off topic here.

You ignored my post by not answering a simple question.

Off topic ? You are not making any sense at all. Let me remind you you brought up the issue of qmidinet as an alternative for OSC.