Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:59:19 -0400

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 07:12:41PM +0200, nadim wrote:
> Anyhow, thank you Michael, this is exactly what I wanted to prove! There is
> no diffrence between USians facists and terrorists. The stereotyping was
> to provoque the reaction. See how you react to things that are often said
> by USians (In a diffrent way indeed but the same contents)

If you want to have a real conversation (you do, don't you?), lay off the "oh
I was just trying to provke a reaction" bullshit.  It just muddies the waters
(if it's true, and it's not that you were just being an ass).

Oh, and please stop using the term "USian" -- the term is "American", like it
or not.  Using a pejorative term for your conversation partner (or at least
some of them) does _not_ help advance understanding, and makes you look
childish.

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche