openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] CVS updated. Lets your kernels crash :)

From: J. Gordon Wolfe
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] CVS updated. Lets your kernels crash :)
Date: 07 Aug 2003 22:49:04 -0400

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 17:56, Manuel Jander wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Since nobody tells anything, i just decided to cause some public terror
> :) The update is large, the changes are lots. So please tell me how it
> works on your machines.
>
> -Added resource manager.
> -Added support for kernel 2.6. Thanks for the hints given by someone i
> dont remember now reagrding this.
> -Some WT function translations (Wavetable/Wall Reflection engine).
> -A3D translation got a little further (still far from functional).
>
> The Resource manager interface isnt very traditional. If you dont like
> it, well, all you have to do is change it :)
>
> Flames will go to /dev/null, but bug reports will be processed as soon
> as possible. Thanks.

Everything works over here.  I inserted the driver into my 2.6.0-test2
tree, and it went without a hitch.  Been using it all day and nothing
weird has happened (or rather, nothing weird that wasn't happening
before).  I'm assuming this is pretty much just a code restructuring,
and there aren't any new and exciting features I can test out yet.
Anyway, so far so good.

 - Gordon
--
J. Gordon Wolfe <address@hidden>