openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] CVS updated. Lets your kernels crash :)

From: J. Gordon Wolfe
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] CVS updated. Lets your kernels crash :)
Date: 08 Aug 2003 15:00:42 -0400

Oh, and hey, I was just messing around with the mixer, and I guess the
surround slider works now!  I've got my ac97 module patched to get
4-speaker support from the stac codec, but now I can turn it off and use
the slider instead.  There's some weirdness though.  For instance, when
XMMS switches tracks (i.e. opens a new substream), I lose control of the
surround speakers with the slider.  This is with the 4-speaker switch
off.  If I toggle the stac 4-speaker switch on then off again, I regain
control with the slider, but only until a new substream is played, i.e.
if anything uses the PCM I have to toggle/untoggle again before the
slider will have any effect.  Also with the stac 4-speaker switch
toggled off, I don't think the EQ has any effect on the rear channels.
Maybe I should unpatch ac97 and see what that does...

 - Gordon
--
J. Gordon Wolfe <address@hidden>