pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan version number from CVS sources?

From: Darren Albers
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan version number from CVS sources?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:57:58 -0400

walt wrote:
> Well, now that I've done some investigation I'm more confused than ever.
>
> I've compiled the 0.94 beta, which is an oddly abbreviated version with
> new support for nzb files, but no ability to switch between news servers
> (although I can define as many servers as I want).  Very peculiar.
>
> The cutesy names for the various versions don't seem to match up between
> Changelogs, website, mailing list, and CVS repository -- so I'm inclined
> to conclude that there are several development teams working on pan
> independently.
>
> If I'm wrong, please correct me!  I'd like to understand and keep up.

The current version is 0.94, but at this time Charles has not put it
into CVS and is doing release tarballs directly on pan.rebelbase.com.

If I remember correctly here is how the versions break down right now:
0.14.2: Stable
0.14.2.91: Old Beta
0.14.90: What is in CVS right now.
0.9x: The latest series of releases, every week significant improvements
are being made.  0.90 was rough but usable, 0.94 has become my standard
newsreader and I removed 0.14.2.91 off my system completely.

Charles is the only active developer right now and I think has been
involved for a very long time.

Now for any issues you see with the 0.9x series I think Charles is
looking for feedback so if you post them on this mailing list he might
look into using your suggestions for improving Pan.