pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan version number from CVS sources?

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan version number from CVS sources?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:54:22 +0100

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Charles Kerr wrote:

> 0.95 (due tomorrow) has a new option in the Edit Server dialog
> where you can designate a server as a primary or backup, so that
> the free servers can all try first, then the pay servers can fill
> in any missing pieces.

Very nice - thanks.

Unfortunately - I've now added one of the machines on my local network as a
primary - it runs leafnode and I see that when ever I go to any group that
group gets added to leafnode's interesting list - I really don't want to
download all postings in some high traffic binary groups to that machine!

SHould I be handling this in leafnode or should there be a way in pan of
saying _don't_ retrieve a group in that hierarchy from that machine?

I made it primary as it does retrieve one alt.binaries group so I want it
to go there first but I'd guess the interesting.group would get set whether
it was primary or secondary.

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/