pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan version number from CVS sources?

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan version number from CVS sources?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:33:31 -0700

Darren Albers wrote:

> The current version is 0.94, but at this time Charles has not put it
> into CVS and is doing release tarballs directly on pan.rebelbase.com.
>
> If I remember correctly here is how the versions break down right now:
> 0.14.2: Stable
> 0.14.2.91: Old Beta
> 0.14.90: What is in CVS right now.
> 0.9x: The latest series of releases, every week significant improvements
> are being made...

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

> 0.94 has become my standard newsreader...

Well, maybe you can answer one more puzzle for me?  I compiled 0.94
from the source tarball, but it just is not a complete version of the
pan that I know and love  :o/

For example, 0.14.20 has eleven menus on the top menu toolbar;
0.14.90 removed the 'Tools' menu and redistributed those items
amongst the other ten menus.

BUT -- 0.94 has only six menu items on the top menu bar:  the
'Server' menu, for example, is gone so I can't switch between the
news servers I defined with the 'Add Server' dialog.

Does this agree with what you are seeing in 0.94?  If not, then I
need to find out why my local build is going astray.

Thanks!