pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan version number from CVS sources?

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan version number from CVS sources?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:51:53 -0700

Duncan wrote:
[...]
>  ...Instead of
> separately setting up download jobs for each server, you set up a single
> combined task list, and pan manages it automatically...
> feeding parts out individually to each connection to each server, if
> multiple servers carry the group, just like it used to handle multiple
> connections to the same server.

Okay, I'll experiment with it.  Question for Charles [or anyone]:  how
does Pan allocate the jobs between servers; and can the mechanism be
specified by the user?  Example:  I would want the bulk of downloads
to come from any servers which don't charge by usage (usually my own
ISP) and any backup fills from the more expensive servers.  This strikes
me as a non-trivial task.  I wonder how the Windows-based downloaders
solve this problem (I don't use Windows so I've never tried them.)

[...]
> Before that, the biggest problem I had was that I have an apparently
> unusual color scheme -- light text on a  dark background, and I
> couldn't read some of the default-colored content...

I hate light text on dark background because I can never read it -- and
suspect it's because I'm red-green color-blind.  Maybe you are too?

Thanks for the great summary!  I will definitely be following along
with the latest updates from Charles from now on.