Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Usefull addons ?

From: srl
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Usefull addons ?
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:13:08 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Joel Webb wrote:

> This sounds like a great idea. The TTS has needed a revamping. I would
> suggest that
> emailing the customer on every change of the ticket be an option. Sometimes
> you have
> to talk about the customer on the trouble ticket, and the customer might not
> like it
> (ie: user error). How many user errors calls does Support get at a NOC??
> Probably
> quite a few.

As an example of how to set something up like this, you might look
at Request Tracker, http://bestpractical.com/rt/ . IMO, It's the
most robust and configurable ticketing system I've seen.

Instead of having one option for each different sort of email to
send, it has a concept of "Scrips"--- where you can say, "Send an
email about this ticket using $template to $users when $thing
happens." It's a really nice system. To see it in action, check out
http://fsck.com/rt2/ , login as "guest", pw "guest".

srl
--
Shane R. Landrum         address@hidden                __o
"In the end, you write the book that grabs you                -\<,