RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposed changes to 16 API

From: Mailings - Christian Boettger
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposed changes to 16 API
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:42:09 +0200

Hi,

> What do people think?  I plan to commit this in a few days
> unless there is any real objections.

I do strongly object putting so many new things into .16. Really. We have
rejected smaller changes in the past for stability reasons.

I propose to build a .18 (or .20 or whatever we like to call it) version,
consisting of the current .16 + your additions, make that a stable release
(which should be trivial seen in the light that you even want to put it in .16)
and close .16 for development.

This would give other devs a chance to get their code included in .18 as well,
if it is well tested etc etc

If we go along this line, I would be calliung for support from the dev
community for testing the proposed .18 before release.

Regards

Christian aka bofh42