Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposed changes to 16 API

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposed changes to 16 API
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 23:29:24 +0000

On 10/4/05, Sigurd Nes <address@hidden> wrote:
> > for this, i would support the CreateObject function to be slightly
> > mod'd to check for this api when it doens't find a requested class.
> > The error handling should already be there so it's just another if().
> >

> I don't think that is feasible - at least for the implementation of the
> XSLT-support which is dependent of modifying existing classes of the
> original api.

what about "extends"?  not that I've looked at the patch or anyting
constructive.

I'm all for moving forward, but I also understand the concerns of
those touting tested stability.  I'm just trying to toss some ideas
out that could make everyone happy.  Sure they are more work, but they
are less work than full regression testing, which we never manage to
do and really can't do fully due to the number of possabile config
options.

I'm not for dropping the subject, these things are good and should be
centraly availble to those needed to code in .16.  But do they really
need to be in teh very core?