Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposed changes to 16 API

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposed changes to 16 API
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:14:00 +1000

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 11:36 -0500, Chris Weiss wrote:
> what about a new "app" for storing unsupported api classes?  This
> could even be a HEAD only app and have the stable parts of it moved to
> main API at release time.  Afterall, these are 3rd party and
> unsupported apps we are talking about.

This still creates clutter and is still a pain for cvs updates and
maintainability.

> for this, i would support the CreateObject function to be slightly
> mod'd to check for this api when it doens't find a requested class.
> The error handling should already be there so it's just another if().

IMHO this will create more work than what I have proposed.

If people feel strongly enough about it, I am happy to drop the proposal
of patching 16 with Sigurd's patch, and simply including it in
phpgwapi/doc  What do people think of that idea?

Cheers

Dave