RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposed changes to 16 API

From: Mailings - Christian Boettger
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposed changes to 16 API
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:02:01 +0200

Hi,

address@hidden [mailto:phpgroupware-developers-bounces+cboettger->
address@hidden On Behalf Of Dave Hall
> Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:12 AM
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposed changes to 16 API
>

> > I propose to build a .18 (or .20 or whatever we like to call it)
> > version, consisting of the current .16 + your additions,
> make that a
> > stable release (which should be trivial seen in the light that you
> > even want to put it in .16) and close .16 for development.
> >

> I don't support this as this is time consuming and it means
> that HEAD needs to be reversioned again.

Why? I did not propose to release HEAD code as .18 (or whatever), but the
existing .16 code + your additions + Sigurd's patch (+ possible other
extenmsions on .16 basis). So I can't see why this produces more work on HEAD.

> They can add it to HEAD then.  I am currently working in
> HEAD, but am getting sick of adding the same libs over and
> over again to apps in HEAD.  18 will be based off head not 14
> (which 16 is based off).

Then call it whatever else. Or we call the HEAD based planned release .20 ...

CB