Problem with NSelect

From: SCHREIBER,DARREN MATTHEW
Subject: Problem with NSelect
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:58:13 -0700 (PDT)

I am using Swarm-1.3.1 in Windows 95 (I just got my Swarm2.0.1 CD-ROM and
haven't attempted the installation yet).  I am using NSelect in the
following code:

-step {
  id bestLocation;
  id newLocation;
  id <List> emptySpacesList;
  id <List> optionsList; // Will hold a list of possible places to live.
  int i, s;
  int listLength;
  float bestUtility;
  id <NSelect> selector;

  selector=[NSelect create: [self getZone]];
  optionsList=[List create: [self getZone]];

  [selector select: 5 from: emptySpacesList into: optionsList];

I get the following compiler error:

Person.m: In function `_i_Person__step':
Person.m:82: warning: method `select:from:into:' not implemented by
protocol.

Which I think is strange since that is the only method I see in NSelect.
But, I am guessing that this might be because NSelect does not use a
protocol statement (if that's the case I don't understand why).
Regardless, I can get rid of the error by removing the <NSelect> command
in the id statement.

When I run however, I am getting a segmentation fault at the line where I
use the NSelect method.  EmptySpacesList should not (despite its name) be
empty since it is filled with emptySpaces at the buildObjects phase.  I
tried using a printf of the getCount, but I don't get any output before
the segmentation fault.

Anyway, what can I do to make NSelect work?

        Darren