Intall on Red Hat Linux

From: Jares, Timothy
Subject: Intall on Red Hat Linux
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:13:14 -0400

Hey folks -

I'm sure someone has had a similar problem before, but I can't seem to find
it in Paul's FAQs or on the Swarm web-site.  I just got a brand new PC and
with all the new power, I'm trying to port my old stuff.  I have a fresh
Linux Red Hat install (6.0 I think) and just downloaded the 2.0.1 version of
Swarm.  I'm not a fluent Linux person, but can at least limp around, so any
help would be greatly appreciated.

I unloaded the swarm software in /usr/local.  Originally, I tried the
'./configure -with-defaultdir-/usr/local' then proceeded to try to "make"
the package.  (In the interim I've tried './configure' with other options.)
The build terminates when it can't types.h when building the collections
package.  I've found types.h in /usr/local/defobj, but it's not in
/usr/local/swarm-2.0.1/src/defobj which is where the makefile is looking for
it.  Note, the makefile is just using a relative reference to point to that
directory and doesn't explicitly refer to that directory. In the past, I've
been able to get builds to work by modifying make files, moving files, etc.
However, before I started going to crazy with that stuff, I wondered if
someone might help me set up my install correctly.

How did the swarm includes types.h, classes.h, etc. get into
/usr/local/include?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Timothy E. Jares, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Finance