Re: Java--Passing selector arguments to EZGraph

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Java--Passing selector arguments to EZGraph
Date: 26 Mar 2001 11:06:49 -0800

TW> So... this basically means that the new swarm.jar is out of phase
TW> with my old objc libraries, and I should figure out how to build
TW> the latest objc code from source soon or learn to ignore warnings?
TW> So far I haven't been able to build Swarm from source on my
TW> machine, which is why I used the rpm.

On Windows, you should always upgrade swarm.jar with new DLLs.  On
Redhat, you would always just do a RPM upgrade, on other Unix systems
you should do a source build.

A swarm.jar update by itself has no useful purpose except to advertise
a API (and it dictates what the DLLs/shared libraries will provide.
In other words, if you get a swarm.jar file by itself and there has
been any API change, the result will be that Java Swarm models won't
run.  If there hasn't been API change (say, a bug fix), there is no
point in getting the swarm.jar file, because the DLLs/shared libraries
have the fix.