Re: Java--Passing selector arguments to EZGraph

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Java--Passing selector arguments to EZGraph
Date: 26 Mar 2001 14:37:27 -0800

TW> OK, we've gone full circle now.  As I said earlier, I used the RPM
TW> because I can't get Swarm to build from source on my system
TW> (RedHat 7.0, gcc-2.96-69, glibc-2.2-12, Blackdown j2sdk1.3.0), so
TW> I guess it's time to deal with the build problem.

For some strange reason, Redhat decided to distribute an unreleased
version of the compiler with 7.0, and it causes significant grief.
If not for Swarm, then for HDF5 1.4.0, which is what you need to avoid
the HDF5Object.m error you mention.  You can also configure with
"--without-hdf5dir" to disable HDF5.  I just build gcc-2.95.3 whenever
I need to use Redhat 7.0.  GCC 2.95.3 is at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcc