guix-devel

Re: Update CoC adapted from upstream 2.1 (instead of 1.4)

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Update CoC adapted from upstream 2.1 (instead of 1.4)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 09:26:59 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 25 Feb 2022 at 08:47, Tissevert <tissevert+guix@marvid.fr> wrote:

> Also, why isn't this message part of the other thread[1] ?

Why it would be the same thread since this proposal is radically
different: it is an update based on upstream version of [1].

1: <https://www.contributor-covenant.org/>

>                                                            How is this
> discussion any different ?

Because this discussion is a routine update.  Note the previous update
from 1.3 to 1.4 is from 2018 [2].

It is different because it is not a proposal based on my personal
choices but an update from v1.4 to v2.1 based on a collective text
already adopted by our community, as well by many other communities [3].

2: <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-05/msg00146.html>
3: <https://www.contributor-covenant.org/adopters/>

>                                         Has the OP accidentally missed it by
> any chance ?

What do you mean?

>              And to avoid remaining on the implicit side of things, yes, I do
> oppose.

Thanks for your opinion.  Do you oppose to my proposal because you think
it is inadequate in the light of the other thread you mention?  Or do
you oppose to a text collectively written by a community lead by
Coraline Ada Ehmke and where our community already adopted an earlier
version?

Cheers,
simon