bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: VLC and audio CD's

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: VLC and audio CD's
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:41:49 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> I wrote earlier that `I' completion would be too much to
>> type, but I'm not so sure about that anymore. I forgot
>> that RET completes and exits.  You would type `I c RET'
>> and `I a RET'; not too bad.
>
> Cool.  Let's do that, then.  That'll save us from having to
> argue about what track type should go on what key, and it'll
> save users from having to remember it.

I wrote an `I' command:

(defvar bongo-insertion-commands
  '(("file" . bongo-insert-file)
    ("tree" . bongo-insert-directory-tree)
    ("directory" . bongo-insert-directory)
    ("uri" . bongo-insert-uri)
    ("cd" . bongo-insert-cd)
    ("action" . bongo-insert-action)
    ("playlist" . bongo-insert-playlist-contents))
  "An alist of insertion commands for `bongo-insertion-dispatcher'.")

;;; `bongo-insert' is a shorter name, and perhaps better?
;;; it is marked as obsolete in bongo.el.

(defun bongo-insertion-dispatcher ()
  "Insert an item into the current Bongo buffer.
Dispatches to other specialized insertion commands.  For a list
of possible items and commands, see `bongo-insertion-commands'."
  (interactive)
  (let ((command (cdr (assoc (completing-read "Insert: "
                                              bongo-insertion-commands nil t)
                             bongo-insertion-commands))))
    (and command (call-interactively command))))