certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] FlightGear FOM / Java interface

From: Martin Spott
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] FlightGear FOM / Java interface
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 20:00:19 +0000 (UTC)

Eric Noulard wrote:

> In fact the idea to chose the frontier between binding at the socket level,
>
> either Federate<->RTIA
> or RTIA<->RTIG
>
> will really ease portability. We "only" have to describe the CERTI
> Message protocol (either NetworkMessage or Message)

/me trying to make sure I get the terms right while following your
discussion:
"Message" is Federate<->RTIA via Socket (or TCP) and "NetworkMessage"
is [whatever]<->RTIG, aka "the wire protocol" !?

As far as I understand the current approach of #6905, this is primarily
about running the same RTIA locally as with the C/C++ client and to
connect to the RTIA from a Java-implementation of the HLA API instead
of implementing the wire-protocol in Java and connectig directly to the
RTIG. Right ?

Cheers,
        Martin.