Re: GNUstep Base 1.11.0

From: Benoit Astruc
Subject: Re: GNUstep Base 1.11.0
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:25:34 +0200

What weere the other two comple errors? Perhaps I can put fixes for them into CVS?

        Bug #13893 in NSRunLoop.h

You have this code :

typedef enum {
#ifdef __MINGW__
ET_HANDLE,
#else
ET_RDESC, /* Watch for descriptor becoming readable. */
ET_WDESC, /* Watch for descriptor becoming writeable. */
#endif
ET_RPORT, /* Watch for message arriving on port. */
/* For binary compatibility we have an extra ifdef... */
#ifndef __MINGW__
ET_EDESC /* Watch for descriptor with out-of-band data. */
#endif
} RunLoopEventType;

which don't compil when MINGW isn't defined. Should be fixed with something like that :

typedef enum {
#ifdef __MINGW__
ET_HANDLE,
#else
ET_RDESC, /* Watch for descriptor becoming readable. */
ET_WDESC, /* Watch for descriptor becoming writeable. */
#endif

/* For binary compatibility we have an extra ifdef... */
#ifndef __MINGW__
ET_RPORT, /* Watch for message arriving on port. */
ET_EDESC /* Watch for descriptor with out-of-band data. */
#else
ET_RPORT /* Watch for message arriving on port. */
#endif
} RunLoopEventType;

I want to be able to use SQLClient in one of my app on Mac OS X, but it uses GSLock so I have to install gnustep additions.

If it helps ... the use of GSLock is for better performance in single threaded applications.

        Yes it takes quite a lot of time for me to understand that :-)

Since the Apple frameworks make it almost impossible to write single threaded apps, it's probably not worth using GSLock in apple, and you could just do '#define GSLock NSLock'

I have think to that, but install gnustep additions could be usefull later for other gnustep stuff... And there are function like ASSIGN, RETAIN, etc which I believe don't work on Mac OS X without gnustep additions.

All of that would have been more simple if i have my linux box, but i have lend it to a friend for a long time.