Re: free software supporters VS the GNU project

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: free software supporters VS the GNU project
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 01:38:11 +0200

MJ wrote:
> However, this is going to be something which is going to highlight the
> differences between many free software supporters and the GNU project
> time and time again.  Do we need to go down this path?

Good question.

I personally think we must follow talking to get the 'perfect' final
rationale, and later use it in the campaign (managed by the FSF) so people
can learn, as they have already learnt to use the GPL, etc.

When time come, maybe the communication process should be even more open, so
more people could give opinions, as it has been done with the GPLv3 process.

> Free as in not http://ansuz.sooke.bc.ca/bonobo-conspiracy/?i=749

Fortunately the association is true-democratic, and so it can re-write the
charter if members want.  Note the association have to discuss it previously
with the GNU Project.

Anyway I personally think people must analyze the facts before taking
decisions.