Re: Free Software criteria -- about "Software distributions"

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Free Software criteria -- about "Software distributions"
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:44:24 +0100

Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Maybe we must not list Debian as an example, as we do not list neither
> gNewSense, which is supported by the FSF [2]. I personally agree with you
> Debian has done a lot for free software!
>
>   [2] http://www.gnu.org/links/links.html#FreeGNULinuxDistributions

Debian was once supported by the FSF...

I think listing gNewSense once it's ready and neither contains nor
automatically installs non-Free software would be a good idea.

[...]
> Additionally, note we will add  "re-classification request"  support directly
> in the resume and offer forms.  So it will very easy users ask for a skill be
> re-classified when they see it is tagged as non-free.

However, this is going to be something which is going to highlight the
differences between many free software supporters and the GNU project
time and time again.  Do we need to go down this path?

Free as in not http://ansuz.sooke.bc.ca/bonobo-conspiracy/?i=749

Regards,