Re: Free Software criteria -- about "Software distributions"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Free Software criteria -- about "Software distributions"
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 00:59:30 -0400

    > A blob not removed from gNewSense is a bug.
    > If you think you have found a bug in gNewSense, please report it
    > to the maintainers of gNewSense.

    It does not appear to be possible for unregistered users to report
    bugs to gNewSense at this time.  Also, I'm pretty sure they know about
    the debian TODO lists.

I will email them what was in your message.  If you find more such bugs,
please report them to me, so I can forward the information to them.

    Anyway, the point was that debian and gNewSense both still seem to
    have blobs in their Linux kernels AFAICT and both have fundamentally
    similar approaches to these problems in their distributions.

That is not true.  The policy of gNewSense is to delete any non-free
software found in Linux (or elsewhere in the GNU/Linux system).