Re: Prefix for subject line of list postings

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Prefix for subject line of list postings
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:11:19 +0200

Frouin Jean-Michel wrote:
> It's right, but with topic like : [Pkg-isocodes-devel] or [gnu.org #333440]
> you need to read mail to know which sent it.
>
> My problem, is that I had subscribe to many ML
>
> Some use [] to display its name (savannah-hacker*, april ...) and other
> don't (gnuhers, debian-devel, debian-devel-fr ..)
> So it's hard to know if it's an important mail (from gnuherds) or a less
> important mail (debian-devel) since I am not a DD.
>
> Maybe we can find a solution ? like adding [GH] ? for GnuHerds :)
> And for important subject : [GH service] which take less space than [GNU
> Herds service]

> If not I still have solution to add a filter which put gnuherds mail in a
> separate folder ... or a tag on gmail.

I personally think folders is the right solution for you. I am subscribed too
to a lot of mainling lists and the only way to manage it is keep each list in
its folder.

So, you solve your personal problem without disturbing all us with a list
prefix.

As usual flames about any proposal are not only welcome but needed. I could be
mistaken!