Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 11:01:13 +0800

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> I think the clearest name for Eglot is  Parse Code.
> That's what all these enhancements have in common.
> If you enable the Parse Code feature, various functionalities
> will parse code (when possible, when supported, etc.).

I think that will not work, because Semantic does the same thing, and we
already give it the menu item "source code parsers".

And before some bright young mind comes up with the idea to remove
Semantic in favor of LSP, keep in mind that it is used on a daily basis
by many people, including yours truly.