Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 18:48:48 -0400

  > I think that will not work, because Semantic does the same thing, and we
  > already give it the menu item "source code parsers".

I'd like to understand in more detail the similarities and differences
between Eglot and Sematic -- NOT at the level of how they work, but in
terms of which jobs they do in which cases.  Think of a case as a
combination of source language and job to be done.

Do they tend to do similar jobs, but for different languages?  If so,
we could think of them as two alternate methods to use.  chosen by the
mode or operation.  The user doesn't have to think of this as a
choice.  The user could request, "Please do code parsing for my C
files, and use whichever method works for the action I try to do."