Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 18:09:12 -0400

  > Seeing that eglot would still keep it's original name, there is little
  > to no reason to make up a name on the spot, and stop or hinder Eli
  > from going forward working on the next release.

If we include the package in the Emacs 29 release, that will call for
mentioning it in many places in documentation for users -- the places
that document the features it enhances.

Even if its own source code still carries the name "Eglot", those
improvements in documenation should carry the clearer name.
And a few places in the code should use the other name.

So we have a reason to finish this now.