Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:03:36 +0300

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 14:38:34 +0300
Cc:rms@gnu.org,ams@gnu.org,emacs-devel@gnu.org
From: Dmitry Gutov<dgutov@yandex.ru>

We could put them alongside EDE's and Semantic's menu entries. Or maybe
instead, given that EDE is not the recommended choice for "Project
Support" anymore, and we don't usually recommend Semantic to new users
either.
Or we could make the EDE/Semantic menus have a sub-menu, whereby the
user could select which kind of "support" they want.
That depends on whether we want the menus to present an "intro" to Emacs
functionality that doesn't require much reading to pick the right choice.

IMHO that can be the best goal for the menu bar. But you might have a
different understanding of its role.
Something to revisit at a later date, I think.  Too many things are
still in flux: Eglot, tree-sitter...  The functionalities overlap, and
at least I personally don't yet have a clear idea of how to make the
best "mix".

IIUC tree-sitter will be used by specific major modes that implement the integration. Some will just do that from the outset, and some might have user options to toggle.

But if those options are featured in the menu bar, they probably will be in the major mode's menu, not inside Tools.