Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 13:12:03 +0300

On 07.10.2022 09:34, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
We can (and will) make it easier for
users to understand what its features do, by labeling the menus and
describing in the doc strings and help-echo strings what the commands
and variables really do and what effect they have on Emacs.

Indeed we'll probably get the most bang for the buck by adding a menu entry or two which could say something like

  Language Servers -> Connect
  Language Servers -> Shutdown

without renaming the package or its commands.

We could put them alongside EDE's and Semantic's menu entries. Or maybe instead, given that EDE is not the recommended choice for "Project Support" anymore, and we don't usually recommend Semantic to new users either.