Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] the A0 prioritization

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] the A0 prioritization
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:26:30 +0800

Vadim Nasardinov <address@hidden> wrote:

> FWIW, the "A0" prioritization is one of the core features of the
> planner, in my opinion.  It is explained in [1].  As far as I can
> tell, it may be based on the Stephen Covey [2] time management system.
> That's the guy who wrote "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People"
> [3], the book that Linus Torvalds says you should buy and burn [4].
> (Although I don't think John Wiegley ever mentioned Covey [5].)

Speaking of this, I couldn't figure a way to fit planner to Stephen's
"important vs emergent" style very well, or vice versa. Currently I
put all "important and emergent" and "important but not emergent"
tasks into #A, cause all the faces and order rules are pushing me to
do #A tasks first...

But I really want to distinguish these two... The relationship between
these two kinds of tasks are the core of Stephen's "important vs
emergent" style, AFAICS.

Any good idea? Or what's your style?

--
Cheers,