Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Making planner simpler

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Making planner simpler
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:25:07 -0800

On Dec 16, 2004, at 8:19 PM, Sacha Chua wrote:
Seth Falcon <address@hidden> writes:

I also like the idea of an option to not use priority codes.  The
Looks like it would be a fair bit of coding work since planner.el
has a lot of regex looking stuff searching for A|B|C...

Not only that, #foo is also used for emacs-wiki anchors, so things
could get somewhat confusing. Perhaps we can just leave it as

#B _ foo ?

Come to think of it, B really should be the default task priority.

Perhaps there's another solution for those that don't want to *see* the priority codes; would it be possible to modify the syntax highlighting (is font lock the right term?) so that just as '<nop>' is invisible, so is some part of #A0 ? e.g, #A5 displays as #5.

Possibly a related question:

I was trying to create an abbreviation in emacs so that I could type, say, '#t' in planner mode and have '#A0 _' inserted for me. I couldn't get this to work and I think it has something to do with the '#' char. Any thoughts? When I look at my abbrev file the abbrev looks OK (similar to working ones).

+ seth