Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: nadim
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:15:55 +0200

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 00:52, Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:

Lots of crap about Irak cut off. Piece, If I ever get to be a tyran, I'd
like you to handle my foreign politics, you ARE good. I'like very much the
humanist grand father story, almost made me cry. It's a pity I don't have
time (and I choose not to) to answer all your mails.

> > This impenetrable, self-centered, borderline crazy attitude Americans
> > have toward the use of deadly force is what sometimes scares their
> > friends even more than their enemies.
>
>    Too peaceful a history most of us think. Having not experienced the
> horrors so much of war, perhaps it gets glorified. However, we're not
> really as bloodthirsty as I probably implied either, I was trying to
> explain the depths of our anger, not the breadth.

About "Too peaceful a history":

What the .......!!!!!?ยงยงยง Is that a joke?

About the glorification:

I'd say you're sick of it. don't tell me I know nothing about nothing and
that you have sources. I watch US movies, I have Us friends, and hell I
just need to look at the news. So for once we almost agree except the fact
that the "perhaps" is really there to misslead those reading you as if
that was a posibility not a fact.

About Bloodthirsty:

You didn't answer my request for you to count bombs, victims, political
maneuvers to hols dictatures in place, the very disgusting fact that you
act where you want and close the your eyes when it best fits you. What
hurst most is that I realy believe tha americans are not more bloodthursty
than any other (but no less unfortunately) but please put some order in
you judgement and try to acknowledge the facts.

About the depth:

So you get angry because 3000 people die because of a sick bastard, you're
ready to kill everybody just after. Fine, it's very understandable. So you
think Bush didn't over react just after? I agree, I was even surprised he
didn't act more stupid than he did. But let put the cards on the table.
How many civilians have been killed in Afganistan and Irak since? Are we
getting the same history going on again? just remembering the US
casualties in Vietnam but none of the 5 millions people you slaughtered?
How many people die because of  the US right now? what are 3000 people
compared to hiroshima? or don't they count because they were foreigners?
Too peacfull history? was it 20 or 25 millions indians you killed? in any
case that's twice as much as Hitler. Nice score indeed.

What I believe is that you belicous depth is more than your human depth.

5 mn after the bombing of 9/11 no one was working anymore at my workplace.
No one liked it but I'd lie if I say all were surprised. We were actually
surprised it didn happend before (If you ask me if the terrorist have won,
I'd say yes, you're shiting you pants and you are paying for it as much as
you make others pay for it). Anyway, something struck me. I saw on TV a
black guy (a soldier) crying and saying: "I want to go there, yes let me
go there" that was to war of course. As much as I want to respect his
feelings (I guess that they are as genuine as palestinians, columbian or
israeli feeling) but I must say what a F.. Jerk. Sure it looks very
patriotic (patriotic, what a very ugly worrd) but what's the meaning of
all you demence? Why is the US involved in war, massacres, and ugly
political plots? Why can't you show your nice face? affraid of looking
weak? rest assured that your "force" only look as weakness to the rest of
the world.

I was in the states a few years ago, I wanted to see by myself. Believe it
or not, I actually liked it (not to the point of moving there). It realy
twists my gusts with despear to like the people of you country and be
disgusted by the acts of your representents (your acts since you are _the_
democracy).

Want to make a diffrence in the world? Want peace everywhere? Show you have
a heart instead for a bunch of macho idiots always ready to jump the first
small country around. Want the US to be loved as much outside the US as it
is inside? Show some force of character.

Happy voting. Nadim.