Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Michael Poole
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:59:03 -0400

nadim writes:

> Michael has a "racistic" co-notation in on of his mails. I hope that it was
> the same kind of "natural" (hmm couldn't find a better word)
> discrimination as the one I and everybodyelse have.

Just to hopefully clear the air about that:

I originally did not have the parenthetical bit about "most citizens
of developed countries" -- just "I would hope any American could [act
in a civilized manner]."  I added the parenthetical comment to try to
include all those who live in other well-integrated "melting pot"
places, and did not think about who it excluded.  But would "civilized
country" have been a better word choice than "developed country"?

I suspect it would have been just as offensive.  I can offer no salve
for the fact that there *are* places today where some people try to
exterminate their neighbors (because the neighbors look, think or talk
differently, or just because they control a limited resource).

Michael