Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:46:41 +0000

Hi Ludo,

> Because it was intended from the beginning to be a GNU distribution, our
> work distinguishes itself in several ways from existing distros.
>
> Asserting that has nothing to do with dismissing the good work that
> people have done in other projects.  It’s about affirming what the GNU
> project stands for.  It’s about recreating tighter links among GNU
> packages and hackers.  It’s about contributing to a stronger GNU project.
>
> Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I just want to reiterate (like in my last email), that I've been mainly
being pedantic about terminology since my first email.  I don't mean to
denigrate what you guys are doing; I fully support it.  I just wanted to
share some thoughts that I've had about all of these terms over the last
year or so (indeed, long before this topic came up...this was just a
good opportunity to try putting them into words).

In any case, I'll bow out now to think more about what everyone has said
and to come to some conclusions for myself.

-brandon

--
Brandon Invergo
http://brandon.invergo.net