Re: [Nel] NeL Network Engine

From: Zane
Subject: Re: [Nel] NeL Network Engine
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:04:59 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vincent Caron" <address@hidden>

> I was more or less suggesting than the solution is not a matter of
adopting
> select() or not, but rather implies a deeper reflexion on the pb of
service
> scheduling... And being cross-platform doesn't mean being uniform, it
would
> be a shame to ignore each OS's specificity. An approach could be to get
the
> best implementation, say, for Linux and Windows, find out an abstract
model
> that unifies both and brings this into NeL. Here again, just a hint ...

Would not the wisest choice be to research all the high performance web
servers out there?  It seems to me that this problem has been researched
quite extensively by a LOT of other GPL projects.  I doubt you'd be able to
find a better solution than what Apache or other heavy duty web servers have
already implemented.

-E.J. Wilburn
address@hidden