Re: [Nel] NeL Network Engine

From: Nicolas Hognon
Subject: Re: [Nel] NeL Network Engine
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:52:32 +0100

you're right
many people and project were confront to this problem
and they resolve it.

but the design of a web server or a ftpserver is another
thing than the design of a server for a MMORPG.

i think for a web server
the browser connect to the server when it need something
but in a game like the one developped by nevrax
you're client is always connected to the server
it's not exactly the same things.

Would not the wisest choice be to research all the high performance web
servers out there?  It seems to me that this problem has been researched
quite extensively by a LOT of other GPL projects.  I doubt you'd be able to
find a better solution than what Apache or other heavy duty web servers have
already implemented.

--
Nicolas Hognon
home : address@hidden         / www.cblt.org