Re: Level comment management tool

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Level comment management tool
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:06:57 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. I think the table would look better if the columns where to have all
> the same size and the nummer of comments should have their own columns
> or be oriented to the right so that they'll show in a row. Perhaps a (0)
> makes then sense too?

I would suggest to rearange the levelnames and thumbnails like this:

+--------+ Filename: snow14.xml
+--------+ Rating:         ****

+--------+ Filename: snow14.xml
|        | Name:  Snow over Ice
| Thumb  | Size:        100x100
|        | Pingus:      10/1000
+--------+ Rating:         ****

[...]

So as much informations about the level as possible should go beside
the thumbnail. after all the filename alone says exactly nothing about
a level beside its topic. To limit the loading times a webpage should
be limited to 25 levels or so per page and wip/ and playable/ should
not be mixed on the same page, sorting after rating or size or so
would also be nifty. The thumbnail table cell should also get a fixed
width/height (160x120) and be valign="middle" align="center", since
levels are never larger than 160x120, but very often smaller.

> 6. How do we get as many people as possible to fill in comments? ;-)

Announce it on the game, even better add a button to launch the
webbrowser in the game (a little difficult with fullscreen and such).

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927