Re: Level comment management tool

From: Jarno Elonen
Subject: Re: Level comment management tool
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:40:26 +0300

> I guess that we won't need a way to run it on the fly. That would create
> much load for little gain. It's not as if the levels would change every
> other day, so creating new screensshots and pushing them to the comment
> manager shouldn't be much of a burden. Maybe they could even be created
> by a special make target to make things even more easy?

The make target could also upload the thumbnails, level files and graphics
with SCP. Then, if someone's public SSH host key was installed to the server,
he could run a cron script that fetches everything from CVS daily/weekly and
updates the level files, graphics and thumbnails on the feedback system
automatically.

- Jarno