Re: Level comment management tool

From: Jarno Elonen
Subject: Re: Level comment management tool
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:15:19 +0300

> Well, yep, its pretty freaky, but I doubt that it is all that much
> usefull in the long run. All that is really needed after all is a
> little thumbnail that gives a basic idea of the level structure,
> nothing more, the level in its full beauty should be rendered in the
> game engine itself, and nowhere else.

Yes.. As I wrote before, it is possible but clumsy to make a thumbnail
generator in PHP. The best way, IMO, would still be to have a command line
option in Pingus for generating screenshot of given level , use ImageMagick
to rescale it and then either use Pingus directly as a CGI script or
(preferably) always run a local script that updates the thumbnails before
uploading the new level files on the web server. How about it?

- Jarno