Re: Level comment management tool

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Level comment management tool
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:56:03 +0200

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 15.03 Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> The missing background and incorrect color should be easily fixable,
> what could get more difficult would be to get it 'XServer-free', aka
> letting it run without connecting to a XServer and creating a window,
> that might require some small modifications to ClanLib or some huge
> ones to Pingus. Running it will a dummy-xserver might also work (aka
> one that directes everything to /dev/null).

I guess that we won't need a way to run it on the fly. That would create
much load for little gain. It's not as if the levels would change every
other day, so creating new screensshots and pushing them to the comment
manager shouldn't be much of a burden. Maybe they could even be created
by a special make target to make things even more easy?

Bye David