Re: Portuguese translation -- avoiding conflictting translations

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Portuguese translation -- avoiding conflictting translations
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:10:21 +0100

Duarte Loreto wrote:
> Reviewed it and attaching the reviewed file.

http://gnuherds.org updated

If you go to https://gnuherds.org/person (PT view) you will note some
countries are not rightly translated at the ComboBox.  It is due to we are
using now the '-f' option at the 'msgfmt' command.

IMHO adding the '-f' option has been good idea due to it has raised the
problem of conflicting translations:

   "Nauruano"  vs  "Nauru"

In this case the conflict was between the iso_639 and iso_3166 domains.

To solve such conflict I will use one gettext domains for each PO file:
  iso_3166.po
  iso_4217.po
  iso_639.po
  messages.po
  nationalities.po

Let me know if it is not the right solution.

task: http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7772