Re: Install Concept

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: Install Concept
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:37:34 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 07:04:54PM -0500, Michael J. Flickinger wrote:
> I'll have a little more free time coming up soon, I'll start hacking
> on a custom installer.  I really can't find any simple installer that
> exists.

Maybe because installation is not a trivial thing at all, and can't be
made much simpler?

Everyone who has set out to create a simple installer so far ended up
with a complicated one. Why do you believe you can do it better than all
the major Linux distributors, who have invested a lot of effort into
simple installers for sure, considering they are usually judged
*primarily* by the simplicity of their installers?

-antrik-