Re: Install Concept

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Install Concept
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:39:26 -0500

    Everyone who has set out to create a simple installer so far ended up
    with a complicated one. Why do you believe you can do it better than all
    the major Linux distributors,

1. Please do not call them "Linux distributors".  They distribute the
   GNU system, plus Linux.  To obscure the presence GNU by lumping it
   in under "Linux" is unfair to the GNU Project, and that is not
   acceptable here.

2. I am very surprised by the claim that all these installers
   are complex.  I thought several of them were quite simple to use,
   nowadays.