guix-devel

Re: [minor patch] Amend CoC

From: Liliana Marie Prikler
Subject: Re: [minor patch] Amend CoC
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 19:05:43 +0100

> Note: The upstream Contributor Covenant wouldn't want to include it
> because the author seems to have a peculiar world-view where they
> don't acknowledge that humans actually have a sex.  I hope the Guix
> maintainers are more reasonable than that. :-)
Sorry, but tracking down the issue you submitted towards the
contributor covenant, it appears to me that you are the misguided one.
The CoC already prohibits discrimination based on gender identity,
sexual identity and sexual orientation.  If you identify your gender as
your sex, whatever that might be, you are thereby already protected.

The wording you chose (intentionally or otherwise) tries to invalidate
other people's gender identity and thus violates the CoC.

Cheers