guix-devel

Re: [minor patch] Amend CoC

From: Jonathan McHugh
Subject: Re: [minor patch] Amend CoC
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 20:56:23 +0000

Hi Liliana,

February 20, 2022 8:37 PM, "Liliana Marie Prikler" <liliana.prikler@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Am Sonntag, dem 20.02.2022 um 19:45 +0100 schrieb Maxime Devos:

>> To me, this seems a rather contrived scenario though ...
>
> In this "contrived" scenario Harold would still (intentionally or
> otherwise) be discriminating Victor·ia over their gender by publicly
> pointing out the disconnect between the two. In the daily experience
> of trans people, such remarks typically serve to invalidate their
> identities.

I notice the use of an an interpunct with your typing for Victor·ia.

Ive never noticed such a puncuation previously.

Is it a common typographic device for such instances of identification?
It seems a beautiful technique for providing subtle signalling for what can
(unfortunately) be a sensitive area for communication.

Jonathan McHugh
indieterminacy@libre.brussels